Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Beer Blogger Gets Around

Aaahhh... Sint Bernardus
"Raise your bows! The farmers are coming, and they're fuming!"
Hennepot and Westvleteren blond. Why not?
Chris and I above Ghent

Just the briefest of headlines: I’ve been traveling quite a bit these last two weeks, from my return to La Ferme de Laubicherie to a jaunt down south for a chestnut festival in Villefranche-du-Perigord to a high-speed train buzz back again to Belgium where my friend Chris Duffy visited for a few fun-stuffed festive days. We saw Brussels under the comfortable wing of our couchsurfing host, discovered Namur for a day, headed north again to Ghent where the genever runs freely and flavorfully, and biked around Westvleteren in West Flanders, where we parted and Chris returned to Greece (he’s teaching English for a year). I am now reunited with my good friend Wim, whom I met through couchsurfing, and will finally, finally, be moving in with Urbain for several months. This morning we’re going to be brewing Pannepot, my current favorite Struise beer. I will keep you updated (but on your eager toes, of course) these next few days, with more details about the past few weeks and more scrumptious tidbits about the future. The highly-hyped De Molen festival near Amsterdam is this weekend, so start drooling… now.

No comments:

Post a Comment